Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meet NYP WorldSkills Competitors


Who are our NYP competitors? Why do they train so hard for this competition and what makes them tick? We will feature some of these competitors and here's the first profile... Meet Muhammad Fariz Bin Junaidi, who is a competitor in Visual Merchanising, one of the new competition areas for WorldSkills Singapore this year.


Fariz loves fashion and is excited to combine his passion with what he has learnt in his course at the competition.

“My interest has always been in fashion and this is a perfect opportunity for me to combine what I have learnt in my Visual Communication course and my interest. I hope successfully incorporate both aspects together and create a visual spectacle,” said Fariz.

He has been training intensively since the beginning of the second semester. “The training has been demanding, as we have many assignments with frequent deadlines. However, I personally enjoy it because it has been an enriching experience. I learnt new techniques and interesting ideas, so at the end of the process, I feel a strong sense of accomplishment,” explained Fariz.

Fariz believes that the preparation for the competition has given him useful insights into the demands of the working world. He said: “I have learnt to look at designs and concepts in a more in-depth manner. In the real world, clients can be very demanding and we have to provide them with solutions that meet their needs.”

He added, “Like all competitors, I do hope to win WorldSkills Singapore, but I do not want to think too much about it now. What is more important is simply enjoy the learning process.”

No comments:

Post a Comment